Home | Journal
This is the personal website of James Pearson-Kirk. This site contains my Journal and other information about me.
JournalMost recent journal entries:
- Open University course 'Introduction to Cyber Security'
- Basic install and set up of Postgresql 9.4 on Debian 8 (Jessie)
- Indexing Talk at Postgresql UK Conf 2016
- Python Challange: zero to six
- Raspberrypi: connect to console via usb
- Encrypting a directory with ecryptfs
- Studied Computer Science at Birkbeck College in London. My project involved writing Python code on Linux to communicate with a small household weather devices/station.
- 'Linux Essentials' certified by the Linux Professional Institute.
- Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and member of the UK Unix and Open Systems User Group (UKUUG) (now called FLOSS UK).
- Currently work for a software development company in London, most of the software is built in Python.
- Previous work has included 1) working in a Research Team at a government organisation (mainly website & database related) and 2) working at a London University (included tutoring on various computing units).